Office Hours Monday – Friday 8:30 am5:30 PM Saturday – Sunday 9:30 AM 4:30 PM

Gas Safe Registration Checker

Gas Safe Certificate will help your business stay safe and secure

Ensure your building’s insurance, health, and safety with certification. We offer a wide range of commercial gas safe services.

Request Callback

Fill out our form below for our team to call you.

Callbacks are from 9:30 am – 5:30 pm

Gas Safety Certificate Services

Takeaway Gas Certificate

Pizza shop | Kebab Shop | Fish Shop Gas Safety Certificate  (CP42) and (Plant)

B & B Gas Certificate

Bed and breakfast, Hotel, or even rental campervan get a (CP42) within 24 hours.

Kitchen Gas Certificate

Commercial Kitchen Gas Safety Certificate provided as a (CP42) and (Plant)

Cafe Gas Certificate

Make sure your cafe is safe with a commercial gas safety certificate known as a (CP42)

Restaurant Gas Certificate

Safety is a priority when it comes to gas get your restaurant gas safety certificate (CP42)

Pub Gas Certificate

We provide pubs with CP42 and also PLANT Gas Safety Certificates.

Gas Safe Registration Checker

Gas Safe Certificates

The gas safety certificates can only be issued by Gas Safe registered engineers. These specialists must attend your premises and carry out a number of tests on each gas appliance before they provide a commercial gas safety certificate. The tests include a visual inspection, as well as pressure, functionality, and operation tests. Also, any appliances that use extraction systems to expel gases created during the combustion process must undergo an inspection to make sure the extraction method is suitable.

The results of these checks are recorded on a Gas Safety Record form. This document will include a description of each appliance checked by the engineer, along with its location within your premises. It will also detail the name and registration number of the engineer who performed the assessment. All engineers must be included on the Gas Safe Register, and they each have their own individual registration number. The safety form will also include the date that the inspection was conducted on, the address of the premises that has been checked, and any problems or defects found by the engineer – along with the actions needed or taken to fix them.

From gas boilers to cookers and heaters, your business might use a range of different gas appliances. This equipment could be crucial to the running of your everyday operations. But while these appliances may offer impressive convenience and functionality, they are also associated with certain risks. For example, when they are not installed or maintained correctly, there is a danger of explosions and fires. There is also a risk of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. According to the NHS, each year in England and Wales alone there are around 60 deaths from accidental CO poisoning. This colourless and odourless gas is produced when certain fuels, including natural gas, fail to burn fully.

Given the potential dangers associated with gas appliances, it is no surprise that there are strict rules in place in the UK governing their installation and maintenance. One aspect of this is ensuring you have an up-to-date LPG Gas Safety Certificate. Keep reading to discover more about these certificates, including what they are, how to get them, and the penalties you may face if you don’t have the appropriate certification.

What is a gas certificate?

A Gas Safety Certificate, also known as a Gas Safety Record form – and in the trade as a CP12 – is a document that confirms gas appliances have been tested for safety as part of an inspection conducted by a suitably qualified engineer. In the UK, it is a legal requirement that landlords and owners of commercial properties have their gas appliances inspected every 12 months to make sure they are working properly and are in a safe condition. 

Gas Cooker Flame
Gas safety FAQ
What if I don’t have a Gas Safety Certificate?

In our view, it is simply not worth the risks associated with not having a Gas Safety Certificate. It’s not just the penalty fines or loss of supply; it’s the risks to the life of faulty equipment and potential imprisonment if you are responsible.
Severe penalties for non-compliance can be imposed and deaths could result in manslaughter charges for landlords and agents. Non-compliance is a criminal offence and courts can impose unlimited fines and custodial sentences. This may also invalidate your property insurance and could subsequently lead to claims for civil damages – awards in these cases have proved to be very high indeed.

What Does A Gas Safety Certificate Involve?

Gas Safety Certificates can only be issued by GasSafe registered engineers. They will need to attend your premises and carry out a series of tests on each gas appliance, including a visual inspection, functionality, pressure and operation tests. Any appliance that uses an extraction system to remove combustion gases will also undergo inspection to assess the extraction method is suitability or not.  Appliances that are being tested will need to be isolated for a short period of time until certain tests are completed.

I have just installed a new gas appliance, do I need a certificate?

After a Gas Safe registered engineer has fitted or serviced your gas appliance, they will often leave you with a report which explains what checks they did. This report may be issued as a gas safety record, sometimes referred to as a gas safety certificate depending on the job you have asked them to do. It isn’t always a legal requirement for your engineer to give you this type of information, but many Gas Safe registered engineers will provide it or similar.

The gas safety information tells you that the gas appliance or gas fitting has been checked to see if it is working safely and meets the correct safety standards. This information may also tell you when you next need to service the appliance.

I am a landlord, what are my responsibilities?

If, under your lease, the landlord retains responsibility for gas appliances, a copy of the Gas Safety Certificate must be given to the tenant on entry and within 28 days of an annual check. A copy must also be retained by the landlord for 2 years.

By law, landlords must have all gas appliances serviced regularly, normally once a year by a Gas Safe registered engineer. The Gas Safe registered engineer will provide a Gas Safety record upon completion of the check.

If you use a managing agent make sure the contract makes it clear who is responsible for managing gas safety checks.

What information does the Gas Safety record contain?

s a minimum, the record of a gas safety check must contain:

  • description and location of each appliance and/or flue checked
  • name, registration number and signature of the engineer who carried out the check
  • the date on which the appliance and/or flue was checked
  • the address of the property at which the appliance and/or flue is installed
  • the name and address of the landlord (or his agent where appropriate)
  • any defect identified and any action required or taken to fix it
  • confirmation of the results of operational safety checks carried out on the